BY Krista Doyle
Today we all found out some exciting news regarding marriage equality: Prop 8 and DOMA are no more! *High fives SCOTUS* As a result, I’ve spent a good chunk of my morning thinking about a person I haven’t even met: my future wife. “What color is her hair? Is she going to make me watch tv shows that I think are stupid? She smells good, probably. God, I hope she’s not vegan because cheeseburgers.”
Then, I thought about the fact that she’ll probably see this article one day, because she’ll be obsessed with me and want to cyber stalk me, obviously. (She probably just rolled her eyes at me as she read that).
Anyway, listen up, girl. I have a few things to say to you:
1. I forgive you for rolling your eyes at my comment a few lines up, but I never forget. Which is why I’m not putting out the night that you read this.
2. ^ LOL JK
3. If you read this during a time when I haven’t kissed you yet, don’t worry, it’s just because you’re so pretty that I’m scared to be that close to your face.
4. If you read this during a time when I have already kissed you, it’s because I decided that being that close to your face was the most necessary thing ever, so I got brave.
5. It is always your turn to do the dishes.
6. It is always my turn to take out the trash.
7. We can both do the laundry, I guess.
8. Hey, can we get a kitten?
9. When we fight, I won’t be able to function as a human being until I make things better. Also, me “making things better” will probably always involve Taylor Swift lyrics.
10. I’m sorry that sometimes I do things to purposely get on your nerves because I think it’s funny… sorry that I’m NOT sorry haha good one, right?
11. I promise to never stop taking you on adventures.
12. You’re going to have to watch my favorite movies about a million times and for that I apologize, but I hope you’ll make me watch yours, too.
13. Have I cooked for you yet? I have plans to learn how to cook for you, so just bear with me.
14. You will never have to worry about me with another girl, because I will probably be obsessed with you and think that you’re perfect.
15. I can’t wait for the moment when you do or say something that makes me realize you’re NOT perfect. That’s probably when I’ll decide that learning about your imperfections is the only thing I want to do for the next 60 years or so.
There are a lot of other things I’d like to say to you now that you’re reading this, but mostly, I want you to know that I was thinking of only you on this crazy awesome day that is bringing us a little bit closer to one another.
PS. Will you make me spaghetti for dinner tonight or no?