Many mothers I talk to, myself included, struggle with finding appropriate books to read to their kids. How many times have you started reading and had to change the words or even the story so it’s not disturbing, rude, sexist or insultingly dumb? This happens to me frequently enough that I asked Naama Cameron, the woman I look to for parenting guidance, to suggest some of her favorite “appropriate” stories for kids.
Here are her suggestions:
2. Being Friends by Karen Beaumont
3. The Very Greedy Bee by Steve Smallman
4. Mister EGO and the Bubble of Love by Amber Hinton
5. Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein
6. Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
7. I Love You All Day Long by Francesca Rusackas
8. A Little Book About FEELINGS by Ruby’s Studio
9. Sophie Peterman Tells The TRUTH by Sarah Weeks
10. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
What are your favorite books to read with your kids?