There is a fundamental opportunity for happiness right within our reach, yet we usually miss it—ironically, while we are caught up in attempts to escape pain and suffering. Drawn from traditional Buddhist wisdom, Pema Chödrön’s radical and compassionate advice for what to do when things fall apart in our lives goes against the grain of our usual habits and expectations. There is only one approach to suffering that is of lasting benefit, Pema teaches, and that approach involves moving toward painful situations with friendliness and curiosity, relaxing into the essential groundlessness of our entire situation. It is there, in the midst of chaos, that we can discover the truth and love that are indestructible. Included in the book are:
• Ways to use painful emotions to cultivate wisdom, compassion, and courage
• Methods of communicating that lead to openness and true intimacy with others
• Practices for reversing negative habitual patterns
• Techniques for working with chaotic situations
• Tools for cultivating compassionate, energetic social action
Every week in your inbox!
to receive our newsletter every Tuesday.